A fresh perspective - Nigeria Cyber Security Outlook 2021
Tope Aladenusi, Partner, Risk Advisory, Deloitte Nigeria, provides insight as to what we should all be looking out for this year:
The year 2020 closed with a significant shift in the magnitude of cybersecurity attacks and data breaches on SMEs, health institutions, public, private, financial and non-financial institutions in Nigeria and the world at large. The attacks targeted a lot of personal devices, cloud tools and remote working infrastructure used during this period.
As we enter the year 2021, the economic and social situation largely remain the same, although with a much positive outlook given the development of vaccines in different countries.For cybersecurity, we expect some events will happen in Nigeria given the prevailing trends in social, economic and political events around the world.
Areas covered in the report:
- The sharp rise of deep fakes
- Man at Both Ends
- More tool, more skills, more ground to play
- Signature-based antivirus will go extinct in many organisations
- The spotlight will be on Nigeria
- The eventual death of single passwords
- Phising attacks will still reign; they will be bigger, better and bolder
- Back to the drawing board
- Cybersecurity will become imperative for business survival
- There will be more regulations around Cybersecurity and Data Privacy/protection
See the report for yourself on the Deloitte website, click here